Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Is Brick and Mortar Testing a Thing of the Past?

I have been wondering what the fate of the traditional brick and mortar testing model we have created will be? With the advent of secure internet testing the need for a physical site seems to be eroding somewhat. It seems like as the testing stations become more secure, the need for a secure location is somewhat diminished. Again, the banking industry comes to mind. With the advent of ATM's much of my banking is conducted outside the physical bank locations. I even conduct banking transactions from a secure portal online - at home. Have the banks gone away? No yet, but the access to my financial information and my ability to control my finances is greatly increased since I no longer have to go to a physical location to conduct my affairs. They same thing is happening with testing. I do not believe the traditional brick and mortar testing centers will ever completely go away but it seems clear that additional testing stations (like ATM's) and even secure online testing will revolutionize our current testing paradigms.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Bloggers.

Looking to spruce up your home .Get ny interior shutters at http://windowshutters4u.com/. We have all you shutter needs .

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can anyone recommend the well-priced MSP program for a small IT service company like mine? Does anyone use Kaseya.com or GFI.com? How do they compare to these guys I found recently: N-able N-central VNC
? What is your best take in cost vs performance among those three? I need a good advice please... Thanks in advance!

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker